Porcini is one of the finest wild mushrooms. The amora of porcini is strong, with a woodsy flavor and a smooth fleshy texture, and even the unique amora of nuts. With the taste of refreshing and rich, porcini become one of the best ingredients in Italian dishes. Truffle and buffalo cheese are the best partners of porcini.
Porcini is not only rich in vitamin A and C, protein as well as the amino acids, and also low fat and calories.
Net Weight: 100g
Porcini Mushrooms with Cream and Parmesan
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 oz - Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 pound Pasta
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more to taste
1. Bring 4 quarts of salted water to boil in a large pot for cooking the pasta.
2. Place the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl and cover them with 2 cups of hot water. Soak for 20 minutes. Carefully lift the mushrooms from the liquid and pick through them to remove any foreign debris. Chop the mushrooms, Strain the soaking liquid through a colander lined with paper towels. Reserve the porcini mushrooms and the strained soaking liquid separately.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet. When the butter foams, add the onions and saute over medium heat until they are just beginning to brown around the edges, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the chopped porcini mushrooms, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the porcini soaking liquid and simmer briskly until the liquid has been reduced by half, about 10 minutes. The sauce should no longer be soupy, but don't reduce the sauce so much that the pan becomes dry.
5. Stir the cream into the pan and simmer just until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
6. While preparing th sauce, cook and drain the pasta. Toss the hot pasta with the mushroom sauce and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Mix well and transfer portions to warm pasta bowls. Serve immediately with more grated cheese passed separately.
Soup-Creamy soup, Lentil soup
Pasta-Bucatini, Pappardelle, Ravioli
Risotto- seafood, Spanish
Meat- Braised Brisket, Beef stew